The Morning After



We spent yesterday morning running errands. Spenser proudly wore her crown in every store.

Last night we had cupcakes and mini-cakes to celebrate her birthday. Joe came home in time for dinner and cake. Then Spenser opened her last present:


A wooden birthday cake set. And it was almost good enough to eat ...



And the one good thing about Joe going out of town besides TDY (which means more money in military terms) is the yummy hotel goodies he brings home for me. The Marriott that he stayed in uses Bath & Body Works! He has very strict orders (from me) not to use them!

And, with Joe home, I crashed on the sofa before 9:30 p.m., with a baby in my arms. (And missed half of Grey's Anatomy!)

FYI -- I ordered other wooden food toys for Spenser for Christmas. They are running a great promotion. I ordered this and this and received this for free. They are excellent quality wooden toys. (We already have this one, that the kids have always loved.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
what fancy goodies from the hotel. I would say that is definately a score!!! Belated Happy birthday to your sweet girl. It looks like she had a wonderful day! You can catch Grey's tonight at some time... don't remember when.... Off to the sewing room, to finish the seats and tackle the curtains!!!
beki said…
Haven't they been replaying Grey's on Friday night? If so, then you need not worry.
I love that wooden food. I'm thinking about getting Alex a play kitchen this year for Christmas, so that would be perfect. Thanks for the links.
Anonymous said…
What a fun birthday for Little Miss S! I wish I'd known about that birthday cake about 7 years ago when my niece wanted a play birthday cake and I couldn't find one anywhere. I ended up making one from a round paper mache box that I iced with tub caulking and decorated with acrylic paint that I squeezed through a decorator tube. What a mess! And I don't think it ever did dry properly.

Enjoy your hotel goodies!
Anonymous said…
I hope she had a fabulous birthday. She's just beautiful.

The wooden toys are great. Might have to look into those...
Anonymous said…
So, Joe came home all stinky?? :)
African Kelli said…
Get out. What hotel uses such nice goods? That is wonderful!
laura capello said…
holy moly guacamole! i need to figure out how to make aaron's company let him stay in marriotts (stupid holiday inns, their's freebies are crappies).

so glad joe got home in time to celebrate. little miss spenser looks like she had a great time!
Anonymous said…
She looks like a vey happy and beautiful little girl - a little princess - I like the 'pencil' name - really cute origin.

Love the wooden toys - I am addicted - we have the cut up food and veg and Noah just loves it - his time round with Seth, because he has so many toys already from Noah I am buying lots of lovely wooden toys - for him? for me?
Anonymous said…
Fun hotel goodies! And cute birthday cake. Ummm does Spenser ever wear any clothes? *wink* :o)
Gina said…
what a sweetie pie!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair