Thrifting and WIP

Joe and I went to the thrift store on a nearby army post. These are a few of the treasures we picked up. (I will post the others next week.)





An old Pyrex bowl ($2.50).

A vintage baby feeding dish (50 cents!). My mother had one of these that she used for us. I remember feeding my younger siblings from this type of dish. You pour hot water in the hole (to heat the baby food) and plug it up with a rubber stopper. The stopper to this one was missing, but 50 cents! I couldn't resist.


And this lot of vintage rickrack, hem facing, seam binding, zippers, needles, and a few other miscellaneous sewing supplies. (I paid more than I care to admit ...)


And this is my WIP for today. Can you guess what I'm doing?

I'll give you some hints. It involves both a stovetop and an oven. I need measuring utensils, other kitchen utensils, rubber gloves, eye protection, ventilation, and a scale. You cannot eat it.

Comments

Karyn said…
Wow, I love the bowl and what a great collection of sewing notions! Ummm...wip...my guess is soap making?? I have never done it before, it just seems difficult and scary to me.
Joanna said…
Oh my gosh, you're making soap! Good for you!
Anonymous said…
I am laughing so hard at the "Mr. Yuck" sticker on the drain cleaner! I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid! Wonder if they still teach kids about Mr. Yuck....
beki said…
What? I haven't a clue.

You sure scored thrifting!
Anonymous said…
Do you have a recipe for the soap? I am hunkering to make some chocolate soap. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair