A Tale of Two Bags


Last summer I bought a couple of yards of a Christmas/wintertime fabric on clearance for about $1 a yard with hopes to make tote bags for my sisters for Christmas. Then it occurred to me that if I give them the totes for Christmas, Christmas will be over and they might not want to carry a Christmas tote. So I pushed it out of my mind for a few months.

When I recently remembered I had the fabric, all I could envision was a tote bag. And I thought it would be easier to manage while shopping than a bulky diaper bag. So, voila! A Christmas tote bag to double as a diaper bag (to hold just a few diapers and wipes) and maybe hold a couple of small gifts.



And, here is my fall bag (when it's almost winter). I cut out the pieces ages ago, when I made my corduroy skirt. I finally got around to sewing it this weekend. It is lined with leftover brown corduroy and uses a vintage button for a closure. And, in case you didn't recognize it, it's Amy Butler's In Town bag.

Comments

laura capello said…
i *know*. i bought that fabric to make myself an autumn bag and it's just sitting there washed, still ready to be ironed.

sigh.

at least one of us is being productive!
Anonymous said…
love the christmas fabric.

Can I send you all my half done projects? Maybe then they'll get done.
beki said…
That Christmas fabric is too cute! I need to keep my eyes open this summer when all the holiday stuff is on clearance. Smart thinking.
African Kelli said…
LOVE that bag. Super cute and thoughtful gift to boot. :)
Karyn said…
I love both bags! I'd be toting that awewome Christmas bag around proudly until February!
Anonymous said…
I love that brown fabric. But then, I just love brown in general. Cute bags, missus!
Anonymous said…
That brown and green bag has my hypnotized. It turned out wonderfully! Cute Christmas bag, too. You're really working that sewing machine of yours. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair