Joe is out of town this week, so everything has been crazy and hectic. Last night, after all the kiddos were in bed, I decided I had to sew. I just needed some "me" time and time to think. (I always think and ponder things while I sew. It's very therapeutic for me.)
I have seen a lot of cute smocks around and have been wanting to make one for Spenser. This smock is actually adapted from a dress pattern, minus the sleeves and not sewn together in the back.I used bias tape around the neckline, armholes, hem, and for the two sets of ties. I would have liked to have used red bias tape, but when you start a project at 10:00 p.m., you have to use what you have.
This morning, I managed to convince Spenser to try it on for a photo. It's a little long, but she'll grow into it in no time. (And it will fit her for a long time.)