The Lotus Bag and Some Goodies

Yesterday I made Linda's Lotus Bag. It was a fairly simple non-pattern, non-tutorial pattern/tutorial, although I'm not positive I got the shape and measurements correct. That always seems like the hardest part for me. I used leather straps (which she sells here, or sold here). I was surprised at how easily my sewing machine sewed through the leather. I'm sure if the straps were wider, my machine may have struggled some. I used Alexander Henry's "Lemon Blossom" fabric, which is so refreshing.

All in all, I love the bag. It's large and roomy. Joe says it's very stylish.


I've received a few goodies in the mail in the past few days. The above fabrics and cookbook came from Eren through a little swap. The cookbook has lots of yummy-looking recipes. There are a few that I wouldn't make, like the Chocolate Potato Candy and the Cocoa Potato Cake, being as how my children feel about potatoes. But most of the recipes look good. Maybe I can torture my children with more desserts. Mmmm. Potato desserts.
And, finally, I won a drawing from Katie's blog and received these little scraps of vibrant fabric. My favorite is the fish on the bottom left. They crack me up.

Comments

Karyn said…
Awesome mail!! I love your new bag, it is very stylish :)
Anonymous said…
great mail - i have that pink/brown sheet, too!

nice bag - good job!
Katie Jean said…
Wow lots of goodies for you! I like the bag too, you know it must be good if your husband calls it stylish!
Anonymous said…
The bag is great. I am AMAZED at how much you accomplish, woman!

And great stuff in the mail. I have some thrifted sheets I'm thinking of using for my Amy Butler PJ pants. Those would make cute ones.
Anonymous said…
oh my gosh, I grew up with the blue and green daisy fabric. I think I might actually have a sheet around here!!!! How funny!!!
Brandy said…
Gorgeous bag! And inspiring new goodies!
Anonymous said…
That bag is totally stylin', and you've sure got some great mail!
Anonymous said…
I love the lotus bag. Very cute!
Anonymous said…
The bag turned out really nicely! I'm glad the leather sewed well for you. I'm always nervous because although my new machine sews through it well, my old one may not have. A cute new bag! Yaa!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair