Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Doll Dresses Galore

Don't you love how, once people know you sew, you are gifted miscellaneous sewing supplies?

Such is the case of the doll dresses. My mother-in-law's best friend called me recently explaining how her pack-rat neighbor had passed away and the daughter was cleaning out the house (since October). They had found some boxes of homemade doll dresses and bloomers and some partially-made pinafores. Was I interested? Sure. Why not? I thought.


They arrived last night. Holy. Moly. I have no idea how many are there, but there are a ton. Two full boxes of dresses and bloomers. One box of dresses, bloomers, un-finished pinafores, a vintage sewing book, threads, needles, ribbons, vintage scissors. You name it. It's probably in there.

Once I sort through them (not sure what size they are) save some for Spenser, my nieces and a few friends, there may be a giveaway. Anyone interested?

I love this mushroom fabric dress. So fun. Too bad it won't fit Spenser.

The Fat Quarter Challenge's extension has now passed. Today we will be drawing a winner. Stay tuned.

12 comments:

Julian said...

i am definetly interested. I will send them to Romania where my brother and his family are missionaries, and they can give them to the girls there for Christmas.
Christina

Lora said...

Wow what a score!! Looks like you have a lot of goodies there. :)

kirsten said...

you lucky, lucky lady! that is amazing. (um, yeah, i'd be interested, too!)

capello said...

yeosars, i love that mushroom fabric!

Katie Jean said...

goodness luck you! That mushroom fabric to too cute!

madmommy said...

Oooh, I'd like a few if you have some to spare, lol! Even if I don't have a little girl yet to spoil with dolls...

laeroport said...

Holy Moly, indeed! What fun!

Karyn said...

AHHH!!! I FAILED the fat quarter challenge!!!!!! (sorry sorry sorry sorry).

I can't believe ALL THOSE clothes! Do you feel like you won the lottery???

homemom3 said...

Wow, there are so many. My girls would be having a field day with those boxes. Ackk, I could imagine my house, but I wouldn't care. Sure, I'd love to enter that giveaway if you had one.

Sarah and Jack said...

You could also always just use them for fabric.

Sonja said...

WOW! That's a lot of stuff! I'd be interested in a give-away (sort of drooling, actually).

beki said...

Well yeah! Wow, what a score!!