The Christmas Miracle

You may remember the big cabinet fiasco from September 2007, in which my custom-made cabinet broke (while still attached to the wall) and came crashing down around us. Well, I had been waiting patiently for a year and three months for a new cabinet to be installed. We bought the new cabinet immediately after said incident. And it sat in my formal living room until Spenser's birthday tea party, when I realized it had zero chance of being hung anytime soon. I, single-handedly, carried it to the basement. (And, man, it was heavy!)

Anyway, for Christmas, Joe bought the family a new under-the-cabinet LCD TV with DVD player. Which only meant one thing: it had to have a cabinet to attach to.

And that, my friends, was the Christmas Miracle. On Friday he hung the new cabinet and installed the TV.

Now ... if we can just super-glue the fan cover back onto the microwave. That came crashing down in the middle of the night a few months ago. It seems the little clips that attach it broke off. It's always something.


I will leave you with a photo of the sweetest feet in the house. The other day Sawyer climbed onto a stool in the kitchen, and fell asleep with his head on the island. Poor guy. (I love those feet.)

I wish you a very Happy New Year with lots of big and small (and everything-in-between) miracles in 2009.

Comments

Katherine said…
HAHAHA!!! Horray! My hubby takes forever to do things on his honey do list. Then he complains that it is getting VERY long. Sometimes he starts, and then never finishes :( So we have many 1/2 done projects.

Men!
nikko said…
Fell asleep on a barstool? Now that takes talent. :o)
misschris said…
Hooray! A cabinet and a TV in the kitchen. Looks terrific.

And those toes. ack. so cute.

Happy New Year, friend! xoxo
Bonus Mom said…
What a great gift! The cabinet hung, and the TV! THose feet are absolutely adorable!
Vonlipi said…
That was quite a miracle! My significant other redid the kitchen 5 years ago but the moldings are still missing...and guess what? It's time to redo the kitchen.....lol
Emily said…
Happy New Year Lera!!
Amanda Jean said…
hurray for the cabinet being hung! (even if it did take a tv to make it happen. what a typical guy thing to do!!!)

i love the photo of his little feet, too. so sweet.
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry that I never comment, but I do enjoy coming here and reading your posts. When I saw those baby feet, I had to say something because I think little feet are the cutest. My youngest is four and I still like looking at her little cute feet.
Me and Him said…
Happy new year to you and Joe and all the little ones. I hope you have a happy and healthy 2009.
Diane said…
Hip-Hip-Hooray for your hubby! When, exactly, do we lose the ability to fall asleep wherever we're tired?! I miss that! And having cute little feet - those are VERY cute.
jenny said…
You too?? Our cabinet fell off the wall a while back and my poor mom was the victim standing in front of it when it fell. She wasn't hurt, Thank God. It landed on top of a pitcher of water so on top of broken dishes and glass, we had water to clean up, too. It was an old pressed-wood, formica covered cabinet but we don't have the money to replace it just yet, so we took the shelves out of the cabinet (there were 2), bought brackets and now I have two shelves where the cabinet was. It works for now, until we have enough money to replace the whole kitchen.

SO glad no one was hurt when it fell at your place and hooray for hubby in putting it up at last!

Happy New Year to you and yours!
Karyn said…
Yippee for Christmas miracles! It looks great Lera!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair