Photo Outtakes

I think it was the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving when we retreated to the backyard to take our annual Christmas card photo. After hundreds and hundreds of photos, and three different settings, we have narrowed it down.

These are the ones that did not make the cut:

Look at Rico Suave on the left. (What's up with that?!?) And Mason on the right. After last year's photo of Mason, we knew we had to have a good one of him.

Another ridiculously funny photo of Mason. You can see that Taylor is not amused.

Carter's hands? He was making faces in the back row.

Not so bad. In fact, I might detect a smile from Taylor back there. But Mason ... Well, he's not looking so good again.

I have no idea what they were looking at here. I know it's not the camera, despite the "Look at me!" chant that I made up.

And, this one (I think) was the winner. Mason still looks like he's about to poop in that squatting position, but Taylor is almost smiling and Sawyer does not look like he's about to take off out of his seat at any second.

Thank goodness it's done until next year. I think I can only handle this once a year.

Comments

Karyn said…
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up!!

The final photo looks GREAT and it's so much fun to see the out-takes. Thanks!
Sarah and Jack said…
I do not envy you. Just Jack alone is enough to make me pull my hair out.

(Jack is standing here with me and he wants to me go over and over which child is which. Silly kid!)
oh, isn't it fun!!?
I have 4 kids and I know how it is. With us it's trying to keep the older 3 looking at the camera instead of watching the baby sister. We have sooo many pictures of the kids where the baby looks great but everyone else has strange rolled eyes to watch her!! uuggghh!
maybe those are the best ones, it's totally natural and not posed.
Love your pictures... all of them!!
nikko said…
I really like that last one. Isn't it fun to try to get a good shot? What in the world did we do before digital cameras? I'm chickening out and using one from earlier in November, even though I swore I'd "take a better one later". Ha!
Rory said…
I find nothing can make you feel like an idiot as much as the things you do to get your kid to smile in a picture. Mine will smile just great but look in a totally random direction. I make up "look at momma" chants too!
Anonymous said…
about to poop... ha ha ha!

they all look pretty darn cute to me.
misschris said…
I think it would be fun to do a series of photos, and show the process one day. Because these are all so cute and funny.
Anonymous said…
For a couple of weeks now I've been dreading the day I open your site and find a different picture at the top. I LOVE that picture at the Lake. But I guess time is marching on.
Change comes so hard to some of us.
Jenny
Kris said…
Hey! Mr suave just is! (You asked where that look came from.) Before too much longer he'll be doing that look and girls will follow him around! He's just practicing!
onegirliegirl said…
I think they all look fantastic!! As a mom of 4 I know how hard it is just getting them to all have their eyes open, much less actually looking at the camera :)

Great job.
Jo-Anne said…
They are all so precious! Thanks for sharing!
Jen said…
You are too crazy. I took 4 this year of the kids and had enough!

Thanks for making me smile!
Amanda Jean said…
so cute! I love the second to the last photo. maybe not for the card...but it definitely should go up on the wall! so so precious.

I don't even attempt christmas card photos. with 3.
Amanda Jean said…
ok, so I had another chuckle at your running commentary on this post....especially the line "But Mason...Well, he's not looking so good again." you are HILARIOUS.
Me and Him said…
The outtakes made me laugh. You have 6 very adorable kids.
The photos look great. It is amazing that you managed to get a couple of decent photos with 6 kids...I can't manage with only 2!
Brenda said…
As usual. A beautiful family photo. They are adorable.
Mary and Bob said…
What an adorable family!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair