I Got My Groove Back !


This holiday weekend was very productive for me. I almost felt like I was back to my normal self. We'll see if it lasts.

I sewed a little on Wednesday (while Sawyer slept in his swing and Spenser took her nap). I sewed a little on Thanksgiving morning (see above). My cousin and his wife had a baby 8 days after Sawyer was born, and I decided to make her a few things: an embroidered receiving blanket, a bib and burp cloth, both backed with chenille.

Friday morning Joe and I braved the odds and went shopping on Black Friday. It wasn't bad. I feel like I spent a lot of money, but don't have a lot to show for it. I guess that's what happens when you have six children ... It was kind of depressing.

When we came home that morning, I wrapped my presents. Yes. I. wrapped. my. presents. Oh my!

I sewed a little on Saturday. A matching bib and burp cloth for Sawyer, who is forever spitting up these days!





These fabulous little cloth shoes Stardust Shoes' free pattern. They are lined in soft, blue flannel.



And I sewed a tote and a purse for myself (I'll post those tomorrow).

My father continues to slowly recuperate from his surgery. Thank you for your concerns. I truly appreciate it.

All in all, I'm very pleased how my long weekend went.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a great and productive weekend! Everything you made looks wonderful. I really like the shoes! The fabric is cute on those. ;)
beki said…
Wow, look how productive you were!
Anonymous said…
Wow! You were busy! Did you buy some souped-up coffee? I might need me some...
Karyn said…
Boy you've been busy! I love the flannel shoes, so cute. I can't wait to seet he bag that you made too!
laura capello said…
geesh woman. back off the production juice, you are shaming me.

and don't you know that you are suppose to wait the christmas eve to wrap the gifts? it's cardinal mommy law.
Anonymous said…
Great baby stuff! Love the little shoes.
Joanna said…
The shoes are so cute, Lera! I love 'em...and all your other cute baby stuff. You amaze me, woman!
Anonymous said…
I'll say you got your groove back! I miss a few days of reading and look at all you've done!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair