A Weekend of Nothing

This weekend, we did nothing. I only left the house to take out the trash and the recycling. Saturday's newspaper was still on the sidewalk when Joe came home from his trip on Sunday evening.

It was our first soccer-free weekend in a few months. It was a little chilly. And Joe was out of town. Why leave?

I cranked up the gas fireplace, grabbed a few blankets, and stayed inside. We had planned to go to church on Sunday morning, but Spenser has been sick, and I was not feeling so hot when I woke up on Sunday morning, so we played hookie.

The boys played outside. In fact, Carter and Jack spent a lot of time outdoors. They both requested "bows" out of sticks. So we made a set of three (one for Mason, too). They also requested I take their picture for my blog. So here they are ...




Then I sorted through the Halloween candy that was totally taking over my kitchen. This is what I threw away. And let me just tell you that there is still a ton left! I mostly threw away Tootsie Rolls (too many of those), Dubble Bubble gum (my kids don't need sugary gum! even though they like it), no-name brand lollipops and miscellaneous candies, and candy not wrapped well (no contamination, please). I was just trying to keep the really "good" stuff that we will eat. Otherwise, I'm sure we will have it until next Halloween!





And, I'm sorry if you are getting sick of this little man, but today he is 8 weeks old ...




He smiles now. He coos. He watches me when I "pop" in and out of view. He shivers when he's cold. (That really makes me sad. I don't remember my other children ever shivering that young! He only shivers when I take him out of the bath.) He hates baths! (Maybe that's why!) He has the blue-est eyes. He is losing his cute baby blond hair, but it is starting to grow back. He has a tuft of hair on top of his head that makes my brother call him part of the Lollipop Guild. He has the chubbiest little cheeks. I love him to pieces!

Comments

Randi said…
He is so cute! He is the perfect representative to welcome people to Munchkin Land! ;)
laura capello said…
he is totally munchable.

what is it with kids and getting sick lately? it's ruining my mojo.
Anonymous said…
Adorable. And those bows and arrows are pretty darn cool, too. I hope little Miss S. is back to being her spunky self. Yea for a weekend huddled around the hearth!
beki said…
He is so precious! I love those cutie patootie cheeks!!
African Kelli said…
Sawyer is adorable Lera. You have a knack for creating some beautiful babies!
Anonymous said…
He is beautiful! And FAT! I love fat babies - all of my boys had big cheeks like that!

Spenser and her boy-undies - too funny. What happened to her shirt??? Just kidding! I like teasing you about that - can you tell?
Anonymous said…
When did he get so grown up?! Wow, Lera, time flies when you have such cute kids!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair