Is It December Already?


I can't believe it's December! Oh my! (Maybe because it's 67 degrees at 8 a.m. and doesn't seem like December.)

This is a very hectic time of year for my family. Not only do we celebrate Christmas, but we have three boys' birthdays. This means parties, sleepovers and more presents!

And, since I always over-extend myself, I'm trying to pare down this year. (Yeah, right!) Jack's birthday party will be next Saturday. Taylor's sleepover will be the following Friday. Carter's sleepover will be right after Christmas. I already have plans in the making. Party favors. Crafts. Food. It's too overwhelming to think about some times. Each child has his own personality and likes. I'll share more when it gets closer to each party.

Above is my WIP from yesterday. An Advent Christmas Stocking Garland (originally seen on Soulemama). I haven't yet filled the stockings (a WIP for today). The boys loved to see them yesterday when they came home from school. Joe's mother gave me most of the fabric (except the solid red flannel). It's all flannel. I don't particularly care for it, but it was free, and Christmas-y and the boys love it. That's all that matters. They are strung on a natural-colored cotton cording. It reminds me of the "good ol' days" when stockings and mittens were hung by the fire to dry.



And for other WIP's. 28 of the above "projects" that need to be completed. They are part of a gift for teachers, sisters, and friends at church. And I still think I may be short six!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very cute! Let me know if you need any help with anything. I could always take the baby off your hands. ;)
beki said…
Oh how cute! You'll have to excuse me, but my first thought before I read your entry was "she doesn't have that many kids!", LOL! And the reason I thought that was because I have a friend with 11 kids, some of which are married, so their mantle looked like that because there were that many people in the family! Good luck getting them filled ;-) Fasten your seatbelt, it looks like December is going to be a fast ride for you!!!
Anonymous said…
look at you go! supersewingmom!!!
I love the stockings, those are so cute.
We also have a birthday in December, my Jackson will be, clutching chest, 11 years old on the 28th.
thanks for your help yesterday... I will keep you posted!
I really don't know how you get this much sewing done with 6 kids. Awesome!
Randi said…
Wow! I love all those stockings!
Anonymous said…
It makes me tired just to read this. But the stockings are great. What cha' gonna put in them???
Jen said…
Wow! You are a domestic goddess! I love the idea of stockings. We have 2 hanging calanders with 24 pockets for the kids, but I think the stocking thing is much cooler! I am hoping that Target will sell them again this year, because I don't have one for Jake yet...oh well, he's only one..he won't remember...hopefully!
christy said…
oh cute. i will have to make one next year if i have a fireplace. lookin good.
Anonymous said…
The stockings look lovely - and the list of parties and 28! presents just makes me reel! Go girl
Karyn said…
I LOVE the stockings! I can't wait to see the finished WIP's. You constantly amaze me.
laura capello said…
i'm crying. you've made me cry. i hope you are proud of yourself.

you have SHAMED ME INTO CRYING.

i must go dust off the sewing machine now. and maybe lick it.
Anonymous said…
Still impressed with your "groove". That garland is adorable! What lucky teachers, sisters, and friends! So where do you get all the energy? Did you quit nursing or something?? :o)
Anonymous said…
Yowzer! You go sewing mama! They look so good and festive! ;)
Anonymous said…
Yowzer! You go sewing mama! They look so good and festive! ;)
jen v said…
Those stockings are adorable and I love the aqua and brown fabrics.
Anonymous said…
Great stocking garland! Wowee, December sure is a full month for you. Love the aqua and brown fabrics, btw, can't wait to see what you make with them.
Anonymous said…
so my question is - with 6 kids, do you make them take turns with the stockings or is there 6 of everything? and what's in them?
(i grew up in a fam of 6 kids - my mom never got this ambitious!)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair