A Milestone Reached

Our family finished reading The Book of Mormon tonight (we started July 2005). It has been a challenge to get five little ones to sit still, but we finally reached this giant milestone. Most nights we would read at least a chapter. But not every night. Sometimes it was only 5-10 verses, whatever I felt we could do with hurting each other :-). Some nights we would read 2 chapters or more. I read the entire thing aloud (except the one night I had a sore throat and Joe had to read -- I didn't like that very much).

I am so proud of my little family.

I asked the boys their favorite part of The Book of Mormon and this is what they said:

Taylor -- can't remember, it was too long.
Carter -- "the beginning" meaning 1st Nephi
Jackson -- The Army of Helaman
Mason -- the "armies" (Helaman? or just war stories?)

I guess it's time to start back up again. I guess we will get to read Carter's favorite part again really soon. This time we are going to involve the older boys more and have them write down things in a journal (i.e., what different names is Jesus Christ called? and how many times did prophets tell the people to "repent and be baptized?").

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair