Trying to stay busy on bedrest

So many yummy meals have been coming our way.

On Thursday Amy brought over a broccoli and chicken casserole with desserts. Last night Darla brought pot roast with carrots & potatoes, green beans and homemade bread. Yum! I had lost a couple of pounds the last few days. No more. Those pounds are back! And with leftovers I can only imagine what will happen.

My mother brought over taco stuff. She was going out of town, but wanted to make sure we had plenty to eat.

Christy is coming over this evening or tomorrow to show me how to "smock." She's a southern girl and very talented. I'm excited. I was even dreaming about it last night. I know. It's sad.

I know very little, if anything, about smocking. She showed me her pleater one day while we were hemming my brother Andy's fire-academy uniforms. I was intrigued at that point and she said she would teach me. There's no better time with all this "free" time I have now. So, again, I'm very excited. I just can't say that enough.

Joe has been spring cleaning. Cleaning out the winter clothes from the boys' dressers and finding room for warm-weather clothes. I feel blessed to have missed that little ritual. I've done it every season and it's nice to see him do it. He's been so good to us this week. I'll be sad to see him go back to work on Monday. What will I do?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair