Tagging It

Every year I make new gift tags. Even though I'm sure I have some left over from last year (and the year before, and probably the year before that) I still made more.

While I have a "gift tag" punch, I love the simplicity of a round tag with a hole punched through it and strung on bakers twine. Oh, how I love bakers twine. I bought a spool a few years ago and it's still going strong. (I actually bought mine from them on eBay, but when I checked recently, they are no longer selling on eBay. They also have nice jelly roll pans.)

Spenser has been fully involved in tag-making. I think I left to answer the phone and she took over. Gotta love her.

Last year (?) after Christmas I found these Martha Stewart craft punches on clearance. Spenser and I found the perfect craft: gift tags! We punched into little cards cut from scrap pieces of cardstock. I used poster tape to adhere it to packages, but I could easily punch a hole in the corner and string it on ... bakers twine.


With the "leftover" holly leaves, we glued them onto ready-made tags that I had with my sewing stuff. We added a small punch of red for a berry.

Which perfectly matched Sawyer's gift for his preschool.

Comments

Jen said…
I aspire to be like you Lera!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair