Decorating with GREEN


I really couldn't wait to put away the Valentines decorations so I could put up some St. Patricks Day decorations.

So on February 15th, I did nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I printed the subway art and framed it (a few days later) and that was it. I kept up the Valentines Day stuff.

I thought about making a shamrock garland for our dining room mantle (we have three mantles in our house, but the dining room sees the most traffic). I looked for a shamrock paper punch, but couldn't find one. Then, duh, I realized I had one on a Cricut cartridge. I had previously looked for it, but didn't see it. So glad I checked again.

I made three-inch shamrocks from scrapbook paper and cardstock and then sewed them together. At first I wasn't giving much thought to it. Then I realized the shamrocks would likely be top heavy and I would need to sew them closer to the top. As you can see in the top photo, the first bunch are upside down.

Then I decided to replace Spenser's bedroom hearts with shamrocks.



I made two-inch shamrocks for her window garland.


She was pleasantly surprised when she came home from school.

Comments

FinnyKnits said…
It has got to be so much fun to be a kiddo in your house - how fun to come home to a shamrock garland in your room!

Very cute, Lera :)
Diane said…
Super cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair