More Fun with Silhouettes

After making our Christmas cards, I still had silhouettes on the brain. Can I tell you just how much I love them? Because, oh, I do.

My real-life friend, Christy, reminded me that she had made silhouette ornaments one year. And I thought it would be the perfect time to make a few myself.

I made several of the one on the right for grandparents and Aunt Lettie. The one on the left was one that I gave Joe for Christmas. It was a last-minute idea, but they were all well-received.

And then I decided I needed one for my red-room Christmas tree.


Every year I try to give the children a handmade ornament. Last year's never got made. This year they had three. The first one was from Jackson's birthday party and they each made one. I thought I was off the hook (and caught up from missing last year), when I thought of the silhouette ornaments. Each child received his/her own silhouette in a frame. I can't wait to look back at these in the many years to come. I always want to remember Sawyer's full head of hair (we cut his hair the next day) and how he reminds me of The Great Gazoo.

(In 2008 I made the scrappy ornaments. In 2007 I made karate uniform ornaments. In 2006 I made felt ornaments.)


And, of course, I didn't stop there. We made silhouettes for the wall. This is in our newly painted family room.


It's the first wall I see when I walk into the room. I can't tell you how happy I am every time I walk in there and see my children's silhouettes hanging on the wall. (There is usually an elliptical machine under it, but I'm thinking about moving it and putting a bench below it. One that has a shelf to store games.)

And other exciting news:
  • Joe turned in his retirement paperwork last week!!!
  • My blog turned five last week.
  • Carter passed the sacrament for the first time since being ordained a deacon.
  • I was released as 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency and am now calling-less.

Comments

Amy Siegert said…
Those ornaments are such a precious keepsake. Way to go, Lera!! Well done (again!)!
christy said…
love it all! our kids are growing up. how strange but cool it will be when Aiden starts passing the sacrament this summer. can't believe Joe will be retiring. maybe you guys will see more of him.
Those are fantastic, and your other exciting news - even MORE fantastic!
nikko said…
I thought being released from the PP was bittersweet. ;o) Cute ornaments!
FinnyKnits said…
Those silhouettes are awesome. I really like the ornaments. There's so much you can do with this idea. I'm sure you'll come up with a hundred other great things.

Meanwhile, Bubba calls me the Great Gazoo in my snowboard helmet.

Thanks, man.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair