I started sewing a little on Friday. My first time in over a month. It was so nice. On Friday I started two pairs of capris for Spenser using the front two fabrics. They are too large for her. She was sleeping when I cut the pattern and fabric, so I couldn't measure her. I figured, since she wears 18-month clothing, I should make size 2, thinking size 1 would be too small. WRONG! When I actually sewed the pants on Saturday (while she was sleeping again) and saw the finished product, I realized that they are huge. She wore one pair, with legs rolled up, but noticed that she was 'taking' them off often -- or maybe they were falling off of her ...
So on Saturday, I started "the dress." I loved how it turned out ... Here she is in her dress. (I plan on making some matching "panties" or "bloomers" -- as Christy would call them.) Jack is peeking into the picture. Look at my very fingerprinty window. (I wish I had noticed that before I took the picture!)
The back. I used a vintage button here.
The maternity skirt I made just 2 days before my bedrest began. It is fitting better and better as I fill it out.