Trying New Things



On Saturday evening I tried a new bag style. I've really been liking green and hot pink together and decided to try a bag like this one. I used more of this thrifted sheet, hot pink bias tape, and a vintage button for decoration. The lining is this thrifted sheet. The handle was a little flimsier than I like, but it wasn't bad.

Today I sewed another Wee Bunny. This time a "boy" one for Mason. He likes orange and green and we just "inherited" some scary hand-me-downs from someone and there was an orange, white, gray, and navy striped jersey shirt inside. It was way too ugly to wear, so instead I washed it, and cut it to make the back of the bunny.

And this afternoon my friend, Heidi, stopped by to help me remember how to crochet. She originally taught me the basics about 12 years ago, but I haven't crocheted anything in 10 years. I've been wanting to make these adorable booties (the "converse high tops") for my new baby, but it seems that my skills are not what they used to be. Heidi came over and decided that she is going to make them for me! I'm so grateful! She even started them while she was here and finished one sole! I was still trying to get my stitches even ... We had a lot of fun laughing (at my stitches and other things) and talking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair