WIP Friday

The PJ bottoms (previously two WIPs) are finally finished! These bottoms were having problems. Actually, it wasn't the PJs ... it was me. Christy finally took a look at them at Mason's birthday party and realized that the waist wasn't matching up because I pinned the legs together perpendicularly! They were at a 90 degree angle from one another! Duh! I'm very happy to have used her brain to figure it out!
My first two pairs of Bitty Booties. I still have yet to embellish them. These are so freaking cute I can't believe I haven't made them sooner!
Some fabric triangles for a "bunting." We don't call them buntings in the U.S. (maybe a banner?), but I love calling it a bunting. (A bunting in the U.S. is a baby's snowsuit.)
And another skirt (Simplicity 5505) for after the baby using one of the thrifted sheets from Wednesday. I used the hem of the sheet as the hem of the skirt. All I needed to do after cutting out the 2-piece pattern, was sew the sides, sew casing, insert elastic and sew casing opening. It was simple, quick, and easy.
Now I am contemplating a few things for this skirt:
Should I leave it as is?
Should I add orange bias tape?
Should I add fuschia bias tape?
Should I add orange bias tape with fuschia ribbon above it? (Christy's suggestion, which I really like!)





If you have an opinion, let me know!

Comments

laeroport said…
You busy bee! Are you sure you are about to pop a baby? And I vote for both pink AND orange.
laura capello said…
I agree with Christy.

How do you do all of this with five kids?
lindiepindie said…
Wow - the bottom picture really adds a lot to the skirt, I think. I mean it looks fine by itself, but there's a big punch if you go with both.

You busy girl. Those booties are cute!
beki said…
The combo of the two looks great - a real punch of color!
blissful said…
Such cute shoes! Best wishes on the upcoming baby :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!
christy said…
looks like i win by popular vote!
jen v said…
Lera girl, how do you do it? love the pjs and the skirt. I like the orange.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair