36 weeks (and counting)

After my last pregnancy photo, I thought I should share what I really look like (from an angle). I'm a lot larger than the head-on shot looks! See:



I even wore the same outfit so there would be no more illusions! (I think I "smoothed" out my shirt too much in the second photo, so it looks weird between my breasts and my stomach. They are separate!!!!)

Anyway, I went to see the doctor today. My regular doctor never showed up (he was in the O.R. and his staff was really upset with him because he had patients and wasn't supposed to be in the hospital). I saw one of his associates. The baby is still head down (yeah!!!). I am still 1 cm dilated. And my cervix is still thick and long. I gained 2 lbs. since Friday morning. Hmmm. I don't know if I agree with that, but, oh well. I have now gained 35 pounds, which is the most I have gained for any pregnancy. And I'm a pound from my all-time highest weight (which was when I was pregnant with Carter, I think)! Aaaaaaaaaa! And I still have 4 weeks to go.

After my appointment, I went to buy school supplies, as school starts on Monday. It was totally aggravating. Everything has been picked over. The stores didn't have everything I needed. What I did find was mostly over-priced. I had been proscrastinating because I did not want to take all 5 kids with me. My mother-in-law came to watch the children this morning for my appointment, so I decided I better take advantage and go to the store (especially because Joe is going out of town tomorrow and Friday). As I was walking around, I had so much pelvic pressure. I was getting stressed out trying to find things. I really wanted to sit down on the floor and cry, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back up. I grabbed what I could find. Spent too much money -- for school supplies!!! And didn't even find everything. Grrrrr!

Comments

colorfool said…
Glad the baby is staying in his spot, but sorry you had a hard time shopping. That must be stressful trying to get everything for the whole family.
However, woman you are still small!!!! seriously...you look so wonderful...thanks for showing us your pretty belly.;-)
beki said…
You look teriffic! If you want to feel better about your body, you should take a look at my pregnancy ablum. I was a whale.
laura capello said…
You have to purchase school supplies in July here if you want to get anything good. Or on the list. Or not torn. Or to not have people take stuff out of your cart.

Crazies.

I'm glad the punky baby is staying put!
laeroport said…
Oh the pressure! Do you think this little stinker will stay put for another 4 weeks or will he be arriving sooner? And does he have a name yet?

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair