I promised myself that, when I bought a box of Swiffer WetJet refills at the wholesale club, it would be the last box I bought. Something had to be done. Now, to be honest, part of the reason was to help the environment, but the other part was because I was tired of running out of those darn things. I took some towels, folded them in half cut them into 5" widths. (The towel was just about 25" or so from side to side when flat.) Then I cut two 5" pieces of elastic and serged it all together. Two layers of toweling and two elastic strips. That's it. (The finished piece was approximately 4.75" x 12.") Within minutes I had a stack of eight. Slide them on and mop away. You will have a clean floor and have saved one more thing from ending up in the landfill. Now, if I can just do something about the cleaning liquid ... Something environmentally-friendly, economical, and won't cause further pain to my arthritic back.
Popular posts from this blog
On Friday, while Spenser was at the fair with Joe , I took advantage of Sawyer's afternoon nap time. He needs some new fall outfits. I found some long-sleeved onesies on clearance over the summer and stocked up. I even splurged and cut into my Japanese stash , and it felt good. The fabric is Counting Kids from Superbuzzy . The pants are linen (in natural #30). I bought the linen this summer, but the color was little darker than I wanted for the intended project. I think it's a perfect shade for autumn. The blue vintage button is a cover up. As I was using my pinking shears to cut the seam allowances, I clipped a big hole in the front of the pants. Déjà vu . Using stitch witchery, I adhered a scrap piece of linen to the front and the back (to prevent raveling) and then satin-stitched around the scrap. The button is used for camouflage, but I think I like it. Feeling cocky, I started another outfit for Sawyer, out of brown corduroy from my stash. I killed my machine. Loud noi